It’s that time again! The North Toronto MOMS Group is hosting their bi-annual Great Kids Stuff Sale. This large-scale mom-to-mom consignment sale benefits several charities in the Greater Toronto Area which is just one of the reasons that make this a must-check-out event.
The Fall sale proved to be a great score! I picked up two bikes for $20, a pair of all-leather, never worn shoes for the baby for $5, an almost new GAP coat for $8 as well as a bag of clothes for less than $50.
It’s the perfect place to pick up baby gear for a fraction of the price. Bumbos for $10, Bjorns for $20, strollers for a less than a third of the retail value! There are mounds of clothing, stacks of books and so many toys that it could easily take hours to sort through it all.
Here are my insider tips for you:
– Arrive early. The doors open at 9 am and there is always a line-up.
– Bring a large bag to carry around your finds.
– Have a plan of what you are looking for. The sale can be overwhelming so it’s better to know what you’re looking for before you get lost in the piles.
– If you can, leave babies and kids at home as the sale can get crowded
– Become a vendor! Clear out the outgrown clothing and never played with toys that are cluttering up your home. It’s not uncommon for vendors to make hundreds of dollars!
The sale is at a NEW LOCATION this year.
St. Clement’s Church
70 St. Clements Avenue (at Duplex)
Conveniently located between the Eglinton and the Lawrence subway stops.
Just check out the rows and rows of clothes! Everything is organized by gender and size so finding what fits your little ones is much easier. Shoes, formal wear, and outer wear are also separated so make sure you know what sizes you’re looking for!
It really is a sea of clothing! The first two rows have bedding, receiving blankets and room decor. It’s not uncommon to find the original price tags still on sheet sets.
Need a bouncy chair? How about an extra one for the upstairs or grandma’s house? For $15 or less, it’s hard to say no.
And you thought your toy room had lots of stuff! Toys run the gamut from baby to six years old. Games, puzzles, books, DVDs, – if your kid wants it, it’s here!
Reblogged this on naturalhealt and commented:
Welcome Mom, Have a plan of what you are looking for. Mothers, The sale can be overwhelming so it’s better to know what you’re looking for before you get lost in the piles.