To end the meal, and this scorching hot week, one must have dessert. I claim absolutely no credit for this recipe: there are a few similar recipes kicking around the internet and Pinterest, but I more-or-less follow the version posted by Chocolate Covered Katie.
These delicious homemade fudgsicles are almost too good to be true, as they are vegan (depending on the sweetener), gluten-free, and contain only six ingredients, all of which you’re likely to have on hand:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (Feel free to use your good stuff here; it makes a difference)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (Shake the can before pouring. You want the coconut cream to incorporate into the liquid)
- 2 small, very ripe bananas
- a couple of dashes of salt (trust me…)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener to taste ( I use honey sparingly as I find ripe bananas are sweet enough; agave or stevia work as well)
Chuck everything into a blender and blend until smooth, pour into freezer pop molds, and freeze until set. Then, try to eat just one.