There’s a chill in the air and men across the land are starting to grow a lower brow, a cookie duster, a bro-mo . . . a moustache.
These men are not trying to dodge winter’s wrath by sporting a lip sweater. No, no. These are manly men united in their upper lipholstery to raise awareness and money for men’s health.
Two Australian men started Movember over a pint, pondering the whereabouts of the “mo”? Where’d it go? Inspired by a friend’s mother who was tirelessly raising money and awareness for breast cancer research the gentlemen decided to “change the face” of men’s health. Since 2003 Movember has gone international. Last year 42.6 million dollars was raised by men (Mo Bros) and women (Mo Sistas) from just across Canada; benefitting organizations like Prostate Cancer Canada.
This month my normally clean-shaven husband and his male colleges have decided to team up, grow a fellowcrow and raise some serious money for Movember.
While I won’t be growing any facial hair to support the cause (oh God, please don’t let that ever happen!) I will be supportive by doing the following:
– Not laughing in his face.
– Not calling him names like Selleck, porn-stache or Uncle Rico.
– As tempting as it sounds, I will not stop shaving my legs in solidarity.
– I won’t wriggle away when he tries to kiss me while sporting his mouth merkin.
– I will remind him every day how proud I am of him for making a difference to the lives of others and being a role model to our sons.
If you know some bro that is sporting a “mo” this month, check out the 4Mothers1Blog Pinterest Movember board for some inspiration to show him that you care!