I love my over-sized tote, mostly because I am toting lots around at any given time. Since it’s March break, my bag is looking a little empty. There are usually a pair of ballerina flats tucked in for when I volunteer at the boys’ school, art work, notices, mail, snacks . . . and who knows what else? Some times I surprise even myself. Notably absent though, is a book/magazine. I always carry around something to read but since we were stuck at home all day yesterday due to another snowstorm (yes, another!), I raided my bag for the latest issue of O magazine – one of my faves.
So what’s inside?
1. Flashcards with the grade 1 Dolch words for my SK son (a great time waster while we wait to pick up his older brother).
2. My sunnies, for the days when the temperature drops to negative one hundred but it’s deceptively sunny outside.
3. A USB stick, it’s surprising how often this has come in handy.
4. Gloves that I am hoping to get rid of any time now.
5. An empty container and spoon that usually holds granola for my mid-morning snack. I love this brand.
6. Wet wipes. I have kids, enough said.
7. Epi-pen. I never leave home without it.
8. My purse within my purse so I don’t always have to carry everything with me.
9. Hand cream, essential for surviving a Polar Vortex.
10. Hair clips, an attempt to tame my mane.
11. Three lipsticks – a nude, a gloss and a fiery red and a lip balm.
12. My keys, a pen, ear buds and cough candies.
13. My exercise program alongside coupons for a fast food joint. How’s that for two sides of a pancake?