Carol is my go-to green expert. She’s most likely cringing right now because she considers herself anything but an expert on the topic. She is, however, the most environmentally conscious person whom I know and instead of wanting to stick my fingers in my ears and ride out the guilt wave whenever she talks about her latest greening project, I am inspired! That’s right folks, inspired!
This woman makes her own soap, grows her own mushrooms and boarded the eco-train long before it became mainstream yet she is anything but a green snob. Her quiet enthusiasm spurs me to try new things and step way out of my comfort zone.
A few weeks ago, Seventh Generation sent over a home detox kit and I figured why not give it a try? I have made strides to introduce more organic, whole foods in to our every day diet but I have been neglectful on the home front.
I am not easily impressed when it comes to “green” cleaners. The few that I have tried have delivered lacklustre results that left me wondering how clean the toilet/counter/floor really is?
I was pleasantly surprised with Seventh Generation’s granite counter cleaner and dishwashing detergent but the laundry detergent made me a convert!
I do laundry like it’s my job. Well, it kinda is my job. I easily push through 10 loads a week of grimy, sweaty, stained clothes running the gamut from sporting uniforms to my beloved skinnies and EVERYTHING CAME OUT SPOTLESS with no soapy residue.
Thinking of “leaning-in” to become more green conscious when it comes to your home? Here are some easy-to-do tips from Seventh Generation:
- Open The Windows – avoid synthetic air fresheners and sprays.
- Leave Shoes At The Door – and wash those welcome mats!
- Plant More Indoor Plants – they help purify the air.
- Clean With Plant-Based or DIY Cleaners – or choose a brand that lists all of their ingredients so you can make an informed choice.
- Sleep On Organic And/Or Natural Fibres
- Detox Your Home From The Outside In – spray your lawn with white vinegar to combat those pesky weeds!
- Choose Toys Made From Natural Materials – and wash them with natural detergents.