Our guest for this week is Aly from The Newlywed Life. Her lifestyle blog is a collection of healthy recipes, creative DIYs, affordable fashion and pretty fabulous parties; plus she’s Beth-Anne’s sister-in-law so she has it on good authority that she mixes up a tasty cocktail!
My husband and I spend a lot of time entertaining and a big part of the fun in having dinner
parties is creating new recipes to enjoy with our guests. While my husband tackles most of the
food, I am usually in-charge of cocktails and appetizers, my favourite items at any dinner party!
My motto on summer cocktails is that they should be easy to prepare, easily doubled or tripled for
a group and refreshing. Say hello to the peach vodka fizz, my current go-to summer beverage.
Peach Vodka Fizz (serves one)
• 1 – 2 shots of vodka (depends on the type of day you’re having!)
• 1⁄2 a peach, peeled and cubed
• Juice of 1⁄2 a lime
• Touch of agave syrup
• Club soda
• Place cubed peach, lime juice and agave in a mason jar and muddle with a wooden
• Add vodka, place lid on mason jar and shake vigorously
• Remove lid, add ice and top mixture with soda
• Replace lid and give one final shake
• Remove lid and enjoy!